an easy make & bake breakfast casserole with amazing depth of flavor.
- 1 lb ground sausage (I prefer J.C. Potter Sage)
- 6 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 pack mini croissants, torn (about 12 oz)
- cooking spray
- 2c milk
- 1c heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 6 oz shredded gruyere cheese*
• Cook sausage through until browned & crumbled (about 10 minutes
• Toss together Sausage, Parmesan , Salt, Onion, & torn Croissants
• arrange in 13”x9” baking dish coated in cooking spray
• Whisk together milk, cream & eggs & pour over sausage/croissant mix. Top with Gruyere cheese or swiss*
• Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Tips & Tricks!
- You can make this more or less egg-y by using less milk/more egg. I find the milk helps if you are going to be reheating it by keeping it less dry/crumbly.
- If you can find Gruyere great, if not swiss or another preferred cheese for browning works just as well.
- You can allow this to sit, uncooked, overnight (about 8 hours) before cooking and it is great. It gives the egg time to soak through without making the bread too soft.
- Like everything- I find this is best when topped with fresh ground pepper and green onion